Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fabulous Day! ~

I know I've said this a lot lately, but this was a wonderful day! It really was packed with lots of good stuff. First of all, I woke up and put on my favorite jeans and they were LOOSE! Imagine that!


Great cause for celebration for sure. Then I got up and got ready for church. We listened to an awesome sermon about "A Legacy" and I got to sit with a couple of really good friends. After church on of them wanted to take some pictures of me and I let her.


And we took some of her little monkey boy, Matthew. He is SOOOO cute!


After I left church, I went home and picked up Tug and we went on a field trip to Petco. Tug loves to walk around the store and have everyone ooh and aah over him and get petted. He also loves that they have treats that look like cookies. Look how excited he was!

After we got home, it was time to carve pumpkins! My roommate and I had picked out some nice pumpkins and used the 2 biggest ones to carve.


Let me tell you, those little pumpkin carving kits are made for ONE PUMPKIN ONLY!! But we made it work.







Turned out pretty cute, huh?! We saved the seeds and roasted them in the oven. It has been years and years since I have had them. We just dried them in the oven for 30 minutes then tossed them in olive oil and sea salt and baked for 30 more minutes. I have a feeling I missed out on how good they tasted...


So then after that I finished up the magnetic spice rack I've been working on this week. I had it all done, just had to hang it. I'll show you what it took to make it in another post. Pretty easy and pretty cheap too!


The lids are clear so all the spices can show through and I found some labels that have all the spice names on them. Oh how I love spices!



I plan to change the curtains soon so everything matches. 

Now I'm working on some cinnamon rolls and writing this blog while I wait for them to rise. Can't wait til they are done and I get to go to bed! It's been a long and fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment