Saturday, February 14, 2009

Unexpected Gifts ~ !

So, as I was about to leave work this morning, my co-worker handed me a card. Turns out it was a Valentine card, good for a free donut at Crispy Creme! Then, after I came home from work this morning, I heard a knock on the door. I looked out the peep hole and there was a lady standing there with some stuff in her hands. You know how people look through the peep hole ~ you sometimes can't even tell who it is because they get real skinny in their feet and head and then the rest gets bigger. Very flattering. Anyhow, I opened the door and it was my neighbor, who has 3 children that I check up on every so often. She said, " Happy Valentine's Day!" and handed me a red rose, a balloon, and a bag of chocolates with a card from her 3 little ones. I was stunned! Later, after I had done some necessary shopping and come back home I was laying around being lazy. Since I had worked overnight and was tired, my plan was to take a shower, go grab something to eat, and settle in on the couch for a movie. So after my shower I got dressed and opened the door ~ and almost tripped over a beautiful vase of flowers that had been delivered from a real florist!! I was so overwhelmed I started crying. And these gifts were additional to the card I received from my mother (with a gift card inside, YAY!) and the card my dog sent me. Who knew he could write so neatly even without having opposable thumbs!?!
So many times we overlook the lovely things in our lives. Sometimes the world seems like such a scary place and then I am reminded that there are still generous and caring people like the ones who have blessed me today. Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment