Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Storm ~

I was talking on the phone with my mother during the storm. No, I mean the literal storm last night that covered the metroplex. She called to make sure I was OK and I told her that Tug (the dog) and I had gone to the car wash to avoid the hail. Upon hearing mention of Tug, she commented that Katy, "our" rat terrier was sitting in her lap shivering in fear because of the lightening and thunder.

I've been there when it happened before. Katy knows a storm is coming before the clouds even roll in. She trembles and shakes and no matter how much you comfort her, she is still anxious. So when I was told she was shaking I started wondering, "Why is she still afraid even when we hold her in our arms, soothing her and loving on her? Why can't she see that we aren't afraid and just trust that we are protecting her?"

Then ~ BAM ~ it hit me!

I had spent the past couple of days worrying and being anxious over my own storm when I was wrapped in the arms of a loving God. He saw my storm. Not only did He see it but He could also control it. It took me a while to calm down after getting myself all worked up but gradually I rested against Him and knew that everything would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment