Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Skinny Songs

Since I've started exercising and watching what I eat, I've been listening to a line-up of songs that motivate me to keep going. Before you read further, I want to let you know that life is not about being skinny, it is about being healthy. Some people are healthy at heavier weights and the world is full of Big Beautiful Women!! So this list of songs is not to motivate you to look like a star on TV or try to get to a certain size. It's just a list of songs that I found to be fun and motivating for myself and I thought you may be able to relate!

'Skinny Jeans' ~ A song about the favorite pair of jeans we all have hanging in our closet that we are going to get back into one of these days!

'Thin!' ~ Ok, so it's not really about being thin but more about being healthy. But still. This one is about how money can not buy some of the things we really want. Like being thin!

'I'm a Hottie Now' ~ Nobody can make fun of my badonkadonk anymore 'cuz I'm a HOTTIE now!

'Think I'll Go to Saks' ~ Now I can go to Saks and try on all the clothes I couldn't before. Ok, I'm not really gettin' this one, but whatever.

'You da Boss' ~ YOU are the boss, not the food that calls out to you day and night.

'Objects in the Mirror' ~ You've seen that sticker on your side mirror that says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear." This song says, "Objects in the mirror will grow thinner than they now appear."

'Who the H*ll is That?!' ~ Sorry, but that IS the name of the song. Anyways, this one happened to me recently. Ever been excited to get your vacation pictures back and you were shocked at how you looked? Well, my co-worker took some pictures of me and when I saw them I couldn't believe how much weight I had gained. They were very motivating.

'Blowin' You Off at 8' ~ This one is my favorite. The guy dumps the girl because she has gained a few pounds. She loses 4 dress sizes and feels so good about herself that she blows him off when he wants her back. YAY for her!!

If you want to get a copy of these songs, just go to the Skinny Songs website! And remember, it's NOT about being skinny, it's about being healthy and feelin' good about your own body :)

No comments:

Post a Comment