Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm not here, I've gone... CRAZY!

I haven't written on my blog in quite some time. Part of it is due to lack of inspiration and part of it is sheer exhaustion from the crazy schedule I've been keeping lately. First of all, I've been looking for a house to buy and the process is longer and more difficult than I ever imagined! It all started out fun but now I'm really ready for it to be over! Secondly, to pay for all the extra expenses that come with buying a house I've been working as much overtime as possible, plus working a second job. Then there is LPC supervision that comes around once per week. You would think it was no big deal to meet with someone for one hour, one time per week but it actually takes an act of God to reach my supervisor on the phone in order to decide on the time and place to meet. Then last weekend there was the premarital seminar I helped out with. And my dog, Tug, and laundry and dishes, etc. etc. etc!
They say an idle mind is the devil's playground (or something like that). If that is the case, then he will just have to find somewhere else to go play because my mind is all full up right now. Which brings me to my next point... you knew there had to be one. If I'm too busy for the devil, what about God?? Is there enough time or space for Him?? I think it is time to do a little bit of priority rearranging!! In order to keep my sanity and give God the time He is worthy of, I've come up with this list of things that have to change. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions:
1) Pray and read my Bible before anything else and believe that God will give me that time back and prepare me for the day ahead.
2) Turn off the phone when I go to bed and don't turn it on again until I've had time to wake up, had my talk with God.
3) Stop spending so much time on Facebook!! That stupid farm is taking up too much of my time!! I have to set myself a limit.
4) Stop looking for a church until I am settled into my new home. (This one has a lot attached to it that I won't go into right now). 
Hopefully this will bring me back from the edge of crazyville. If you have any other tips or suggestion, PLEASE, send them on in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment