Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Home ~



When I moved in here, I didn't want to. I would just as soon kept everything packed in boxes and thrown my mattress on the floor. My friend bought me a beautiful turquoise chair with a matching pillow and my mother found a used couch that was almost like new. It took me about 2 or 3 weeks to get my one mirror hung up over the couch and the rest of the walls have remained bare. The things that I have now were gotten out of either necessity ~ or desperation to appear as if I had everything together. But the one thing that I refused to do anything with was my porch. That's because when I was taking the tour of the property, I was told that each unit had a porch instead of a balcony so that the residents would feel more at home. But in my mind, this wasn't my home, it was just temporary until I could figure out how to fix everything. I didn't want to be here and I sure didn't want to be here alone! But now my heart is finally healing over and I have noticed how beautiful everything is here. When I look out my front window I see a beautiful lake with trees surrounding it and grassy rolling hills. I was truly given beauty for ashes!! Just last week my mother gifted me with 3 beautiful plants and yesterday we went together to pick out 5 more. With anticipation I opened the bag of soil and began planting my 5 baby plants and they look so content sitting on my porch with my red and white striped chair. Although it may still be temporary, I know when I walk up the stairs and see my porch, I have come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment