Sunday, July 17, 2011

Banana Muffins ~


  • I walked into the kitchen this morning and saw two bananas that were ripe beyond eating. Those are the best only kind to make into any kind of bread or cake. So see? I had no choice but to make these delicious banana muffins.
  •  

  • The best part is that I made them up using only one bowl! Ok, so that really isn't the best part but it's still good. 

So I found this recipe on the Internet. Problem is, I only had 2 bananas, not 3. So I had a feeling there would be a problem with them being dry. Luckily for me, the site lets you adjust the serving size. So I adjusted it down from 12 servings to 8 and voila! It only calls for 2 bananas now. 

  • So here is the new recipe. Read it closely - does anyone see anything odd in these ingredients? 

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 5/8 egg, lightly beaten
    • 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

  • You are so right! How in the world do you use only 5/8ths of an egg?!?!  I didn't notice that until it was too late though so I just threw the whole egg (minus the shell) in. 

Also, in an effort to feel like I was being healthier, I replaced a bit of the all-purpose flour with wheat flour. You can not tell the difference, I promise. You could probably also throw in some walnuts or pecans and they would have been good too. I'm just not a nutty kind of person. Um, you knew what I meant so shush it. So here ya go! Bake some up!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with papers. This makes 8 cupcake size muffins or 5 perfect big muffins. I chose 5 big ones.

Place butter in a bowl and melt. Add 2 large ripe bananas and mash with a fork. Crack 5/8ths of an egg (hahaha, or 1 whole egg) into the same bowl and mix everything together. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar and stir until combined well. Lastly, add the flour and stir. Divide into the muffin papers and bake for 25 minutes.
Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment